- Wyke Farms – a family business based in Somerset – has been farming and cheesemaking since 1861
- The family prides itself on making proper, tasty farmhouse cheddar
- The cheddar is matured for up to 12 months for a distinctive and well-rounded flavour
- Wyke Farms’ is the only cheddar made using 100% green energy
- This is a perfect all-rounder – as tasty in rustic cheese and pickle sandwiches as it is grated on top of a pasta bake
- Energy 1700 kJ / 410 kcal
- Fat 34.4g
- of which saturates 21.7g
- Carbohydrate 0.1g
- Of which sugars 0.1g
- Protein 25g
- Salt 1.8g
Wyke Farms is a 150-year-old family-owned Somerset cheesemaker and producer of renewable energy. The Clothiers family has been making cheddar on the farm since 1861, and the art of traditional cheesemaking will never be lost there.
Today, Wyke Farms is the largest independent cheesemaker and milk processor in the UK, producing over 13,000 tonnes of cheddar per year to the same award-winning recipe.
Could farmers save the world? Wyke Farms’ Richard Clothier is revolutionising the food industry from the inside
At Wyke, the goal is to make the finest quality cheddar in a way that has minimal impact on the Somerset environment; to do this, the family has created a truly symbiotic relationship with the countryside that provides the company’s food, income and home.
Wyke Farms draws all of its electricity and gas from solar and biogas, generated from the farm and dairy waste. The sustainable working practices save over 20 million kilos of carbon dioxide per annum.
The family believes that it should be the ambition of every business to create a net positive impact on the environment and community through its operations.
Wyke Farms’ bestseller, this delicious, distinctive and well-rounded cheddar takes as long as 12 months to reach its peak. Highly versatile, you can enjoy it simply sandwiched between two slices of freshly baked bread or gently folded into a light, fluffy soufflé.
Nutritional Values (per 100g)
Packaged in a protective atmosphere. Suitable for vegetarians.
Contains cow’s milk (pasteurised). Gluten free.