In the Circle
Join Yorkshire business leaders – including My Green Pod co-founder Jarvis Smith – and discover how to bring about positive change in your company
Home » In the Circle
Published: 8 April 2021
This Article was Written by: Katie Hill - My Green Pod
Yorkshire business leaders and policymakers will come together at sustainability conference In the Circle Yorkshire this May – and you can now join them.
Tickets have gone on sale for the virtual event, which is being held on Wednesday 19 May.
It will bring together more than 30 speakers who will break down sustainability issues in a bid to educate and inspire you to bring about change in your business.
‘Sustainability, net zero and decarbonisation have become increasingly important agendas for businesses and policymakers.
‘This is a must-attend event for business leaders and managers who want to understand more deeply how they can benefit their business and the environment at the same time, as well as provide an introduction to the many SMEs who want to be part of the change but are unsure where to start.’
In the Circle
Click here for more information and to book your tickets.
Through keynote speakers, panel discussions and case studies, In the Circle Yorkshire will showcase the organisations leading change across Yorkshire and set out how your business can benefit from being part of this positive change.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Mike Barry, who was responsible for Marks & Spencer’s ground-breaking ‘Plan A’ initiative
- Jarvis Smith, My Green Pod co-founder, renowned thought leader and adviser to blue chip companies and policymakers
- Prof Andy Gouldson, professor of environmental policy at the University of Leeds and chair of Leeds Climate Commission
- Steve Oliver, group chief executive and co-founder of musicMagpie
- Catherine Westoby, senior policy adviser at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Gordon Rogers, head of sustainability at Yorkshire Water
- Henri Murison, director of The Northern Powerhouse Partnership
- Anita Lloyd, director at Squire Patton Boggs, specialising in environmental and sustainability matters
- Peter Cole, Transport for the North’s sustainability officer
- Paula Widdowson, executive member for environment and climate change for York City Council
- George Graham, director of South Yorkshire Pensions Authority
More speakers will be revealed in the weeks ahead – click here to see the current lineup. https://www.inthecircle.co.uk/events/yorkshire/
‘We’re thrilled to be sponsoring the In the Circle conference and to be joining together with other businesses that care about sustainability, to share ideas of what we can do as a community to help the planet now and in the future.
‘As a business in the circular economy of consumer technology, sustainability is something at the heart of our company and we’re looking forward to hearing about how other businesses are tackling this fundamental issue.’
Group chief executive and co-founder of musicMagpie
Risks and opportunities
In the Circle Yorkshire is a TheBusinessDesk.com event, in partnership with Squire Patton Boggs and musicMagpie.
‘Tackling climate change has become a global priority. The way businesses manage their environmental practices and processes is not only driven by regulation, but also by stakeholders – whether owners, investors, management, the wider workforce, customers, or suppliers – how well a business manages these issues has become a driver of value and will determine its competitive edge.
‘In partnering with In the Circle, we are committed to working with businesses to help them address risks and opportunities as the UK government continues to advance the climate and environment agenda.’
Managing partner of Squire Patton Boggs in Leeds
Event sponsors include Curveblock, EV3 Power, Harworth, Mott MacDonald, Orderly, and Whitecap Consulting.
It is also being supported by Transport for the North, The Northern Powerhouse Partnership, the IoD, Leeds Climate Commission and Shine.