Who’s Who in Natural Beauty 2019
Weleda's Jayn Sterland holds No1 spot for the fourth consecutive year in UK ‘Who’s Who in Natural Beauty’
Home » Who’s Who in Natural Beauty 2019
Published: 4 October 2019
This Article was Written by: Katie Hill - My Green Pod
Jayn Sterland, managing director of Weleda UK & Ireland, has held on to the top spot in this year’s ‘Who’s Who in Natural Beauty’ – for the fourth consecutive year.
Published in the autumn issue of Natural Beauty News, the Top 25 provides an overview of the leaders and prominent figures who are influencing and leading the UK’s natural beauty industry, all voted for by their industry peers.
‘With a near-century of unique natural heritage behind it, Weleda isn’t just another beauty business – and Jayn isn’t just another managing director. Sustainable principles have always informed her life, and they drive everything the pioneering brand seeks to achieve too. An energetic activist for social and environmental responsibility, Jayn’s a committed campaigner for cleaner beauty who’s dedicated to harnessing Weleda’s rich and distinctive past to lead our sector forward.’
Editor, Natural Beauty News
Jayn, who has regularly appeared in the Top 25 since 2013, said she was ‘immensely proud and honoured’ to find herself in the No1 spot, especially as it is voted for by the industry itself.
‘In certified organic beauty we work to the highest standards, ensuring our products enhance the health of our customers and that of the planet’, Jayn continued. ‘I commit to work tirelessly, with my colleagues, to do the right thing daily by balancing people, planet and profit and helping to clean up the beauty industry by holding it responsible for its actions.’
Other movers and shakers
The list includes founders of beauty brands, manufacturers, bloggers and influencers, writers, distributors and makeup artists who all champion natural and organic cosmetics on a daily basis.
My Green Pod editor Katie Hill made her debut at number 15 in the list, and was praised for working ‘fearlessly’ to expose greenwashing companies that are cashing in on the ethical products trend.
Organic hair pioneer Tabitha James Kraan came in at number 6, Janey Lee Grace got the number 8 spot, The Beauty Shortlist’s Fiona Klonarides is at number 9 and Dr Mark Smith from NATRUE and Soil Association’s Georgia Barnes were ranked at 11 and 25 respectively for their work to improve certification and standards in natural and organic beauty.
Rosie Greenaway explained: ‘As natural beauty edges towards the mainstream, our industry has been busy working at grassroots level to build demand and dictate trends – which makes for an amazing Who’s Who for 2019. Meet our sector’s true movers and shakers. They’re the people who’ve shaped the industry all through the year – nurturing brands, spreading knowledge and building awareness.’
Top 25 Who’s Who in Natural Beauty 2019
1. Jayn Sterland, Weleda
2. Jo and Stuart Chidley, Beauty Kitchen
3. Alex and Kim Barani, Kinetic
4. Lorraine Dallmeier, Formula Botanica
5. Helen Yeardsley, Y Consultancy
6. Tabitha James Kraan, TJK Organic Hairdressing
7. Ailish Lucas, The Glow Getter
8. Janey Lee Grace, Radio presenter and writer
9. Fiona Klonarides, The Beauty Shortlist
10. Sonia White, Amarya
11. Dr Mark Smith, NATRUE
12. Imelda Burke, Content Beauty & Wellbeing
13. Clare and Rebecca Hopkins, Balance Me
14. Yelena Serebryakova, Lena Wild
15. Katie Hill, My Green Pod
16. Dominika Minarovic and Elsie Rutterford, BYBI Beauty
17. Kirstie and Luke Sherriff, Pinks Boutique
18. Mel Jenkinson, Glow Organic
19. Lou Dartford, Makeup artist
20. Alex Nicolaou, NINI Organics
21. Mitch McCarthy-Kalischer, Holland & Barrett
22. Ariane and Delphine Chui, Ftoxins
23. Graeme Hume, Pravera
24. Emma Thornton, TRUE Skincare
25. Georgia Barnes, Soil Association