Who’s Who in Natural Beauty
Jayn Sterland celebrates top spot in this year’s Who’s Who In Natural Beauty
Published: 10 October 2021
This Article was Written by: Katie Hill - My Green Pod
Jayn Sterland, managing director of Weleda UK, is celebrating her No.1 position in this year’s ‘Who’s Who In Natural Beauty’, which recognises beauty’s sustainable superstars.
Katie Hill, My Green Pod co-founder, came in at number 13 on the list, which is put together based on votes from industry professionals.
The Top 25, published in the autumn issue of Natural Beauty News, lists the most influential voices in the natural and organic cosmetics industry that are helping to take the sector forward.
The editor explained: ‘Ask any natural beauty advocate for their ultimate must-have product and the chances are they’ll choose something by Weleda. So it makes sense that the woman behind this best-loved brand should be number one in our countdown. Not one to rest on her laurels, Jayn Sterland brings her activist mindset to bear on every aspect of the company’s success, constantly pushing forward to make Weleda as ethical and sustainable as possible while staying true to Rudolf Steiner’s key principles. It’s a careful balancing act that she pulls of with (sustainable) style. Now with her position as chair of the Sustainable Beauty Coalition adding to her already formidable resumé, she’s leading the charge in tackling beauty’s toughest issues and fighting for a greener, more responsible beauty sector’
This is the ninth year that Jayn has appeared in the Top 25 since 2013 and her fifth time at No.1.
‘I feel very honoured to have been voted into the Natural Beauty Top 25 again this year, thank you to everybody that took a moment to cast their vote! Every year this list gets stronger, and this year in particular there are many new faces joining the rankings.
‘We are a growing movement of like-minded activists who draw upon different strengths to take natural and organic cosmetics forward to build a more sustainable future for the beauty industry. Given the climate emergency, we all must seize the moment to make better choices, clean up our products and take our consumers with us on this journey.’
Managing director of Weleda UK</strong
Having been appointed to the advisory board of the British Beauty Council in 2019, earlier this year Jayn was appointed chair of the British Beauty Council’s new Sustainable Beauty Coalition.
The coalition’s primary goal is to develop a clear strategy, roadmap and initiatives that will accelerate the sustainability efforts of the industry, to encourage and strengthen links across the industry to accelerate collaboration, knowledge and bolder collective efforts, and to champion the green economy.
2021 Who’s Who In Natural Beauty Top 25
1. The Weleda Wunderkind: Jayn Sterland, managing director of Weleda UK
2. Cooking Up A Storm: Jo Chidley, founder of Beauty Kitchen
3. Blooming Talent: Lorraine Dallmeier, CEO of Formula Botanica
4. The Sector Stalwarts: Alex & Kim Barani, co-founders of Kinetic Natural Products Distributor
5. The Retail Revolutionary: Joanne Hill, founder of Amaranth Wellbeing
6. The True Pioneer: Mark Smith, director-general of NATRUE
7. The Creative Disruptor: Millie Kendall, CEO of the British Beauty Council
8. The Brand Whisperer: Helen Yeardsley, founder of Y Consultancy
9. The Mane Attraction: Tabitha James Kraan, founder of Tabitha James Kraan Organic Haircare
10. The DIY Queens: Elsie Rutterford & Dominika Minarovic, co-founders of BYBI Beauty
11. The Natural Change-Maker: Emma Thornton, founder of True Skincare
12. The People Person: Charlotte Vohtz, CEOm of Green People
13. The Conscientious Curator: Katie Hill, co-founder of My Green Pod
14. The Ethical Educators: Gail & Gareth Desprès, co-founders of School of Natural Skincare
15. The Shining Star: Ailish Lucas, founder of The Glow Getter Collective
16. The Standard-Setter: Fiona Klonarides, founder of The Beauty Shortlist
17. The Natural Retailer: Victoria Wood, founder of Greener Beauty
18. The Naturally Inspired Scientist: Dr Barbara Olioso, founder of The Green Chemist Consultancy
19. The Organic Originator: Amanda Winwood, founder of Made for Life Organics
20. The Purposeful Pioneer: Laura Franklin-Hollier, CEO of Persephone Beauty
21. The Digital Doyenne: Sonia White, CEO of LoveLula
22. The Pink Pamperers: Luke Sherriff & Kirstie Allen, co-founders of Pinks Boutique
23. The Grinning Guru: Ben Wigley, co-founder of Big Green Smile
24. The Household Name: Robert Tisserand, consultant & educator at Tisserand Institute
25. The Minimal Master: Zaffrin O’Sullivan, founder of Five Dot Botanics