No products in the basket.
30 in stock
SoapNuts are the pods (or nut shells) from the soapnut tree – a natural, organic cleaning product which comes from an entirely renewable source that grows in tropical climates. The soapnut tree is a large deciduous tree with fleshy fruit like a berry. The skin of the berry (the soapnut) contains 12-15% saponin, which is similar to soap and is the active natural cleaning agent.
Soap nuts are natural, organic cleaning and are ideal for sensitive skin. They are extremely easy to use.
Soapnut shells contain saponin (a natural detergent) and when they come in contact with water, they make mild suds. Soapnuts are a natural, organic, environmentally friendly alternative to soap, detergent and shampoo. Soapnuts are so much cheaper than normal detergents. They cost less than 10p a wash compared with 25p (and more) for standard non-bio detergents. They do not pollute our environment and are considered renewable primary products.
- Soapnut shells contain saponin (a natural detergent) and when they come in contact with water they make mild suds. Soapnuts are a natural, organic, environmentally friendly alternative to soap, detergent and shampoo.
- Pure and natural washing detergent that leaves your laundry fresh and clean.
- Keeps your colours bright.
- Allergy free especially good for babies, eczema and sensitive skin.
- Environmentally friendly, chemical free and biodegradable, any remains after use can go in the composter.
- Ecological and economical compared to other brands of detergent.
- Vegan and Cruelty Free
- Hand or Machine Wash
Just put 4-8 half shells in a cotton soapnuts bag or thin sock. Then pop the bag in the washing machine with your clothes. *No need for fabric softener but to add a scent you can add a few drops of your favourite essential oil.
Suitable at any temperature, pre-wash or rinse cycles and on delicate fabrics. Shells can be used for more than one wash on the same day, and dried between uses . They are usually good for 4- 6 washes, discard any remains when they go dark brown and soggy.
Dry weight 230-250gms