IN 12 STEPS, BY DR MARIANO SPIEZIA
Home » Happy cleansing
Published: 18 January 2015
This Article was Written by: Katie Hill - My Green Pod
As a doctor I always wish a ‘healthy’ New Year to all my friends, knowing that without good health it is very difficult to be happy and enjoy what life offers us as a daily gift.
It’s hard to start January full of stamina and energy, which is mostly used to cope with lack of sleep and excess food, sugar and alcohol.
Go organic – and laugh more – Dr Spiezia explains that everything’s connected
Lost your sparkle?
The more we eat or drink, the more energy we spend on digestion; excess food often becomes fat that sort of clogs our system with toxins and debris. This is the reason for a non-sharp-non-sparkle head, feeling sluggish and dull, dehydrated skin.
It is known that alcohol produces heat inside and you can tell immediately from those hot red cheeks we try to hide with makeup! It is like having a fire in the system; water evaporates through the skin, leaving it dry and dehydrated.
An excess of sugar produces a similar action. No matter what the reason, whenever the body loses water, so does the skin.
Here are a few tricks to go back to your happy self in a couple of weeks.
1. Drink three cups of super detox nettle or ginger tea. They are equally amazing.
2. Start breakfast with a big tumbler of fresh carrot, apple and ginger juice.
3. Forget any alcoholic drink and reduce coffee (if you suddenly stop coffee you will most probably get a headache).
4. Drink warm water with a few drops of squeezed lemon whenever you are thirsty.
5. Reduce – or, better, avoid – animal proteins and dairy products.
6. Eat plenty of vegetable soups with just a dribble of olive oil and lots of fresh, vital herbs (marjoram, thyme, ginger, turmeric).
7. Avoid yeast and grains. Replace them with gluten-free grains like brown rice, quinoa, amaranth and millet.
8. Have a warm bath with a handful of Himalayan pink salt and a pinch of green clay.
9. When showering, massage firmly with a natural sponge to stimulate lymphatic circulation.
10. To detox your skin and clear dead cells and debris, I recommend Inlight Cleanser and Floral Tonic morning and evening and Super-food Face Mask twice a week. You will experience a clean, fresh and revitalised skin.
11. For the body, our Firm & Tone Oil is renowned for stimulating and detoxing the inner layer of the skin where many toxins are stored.
12. Don’t forget to smile, as smiling is the best detox ever. Try and experience how your body instantly feels lighter (even with the few extra pounds) and your skin brighter.
Dr Mariano Spiezia is Scientific Director and formulator at Cemon Homeopathics. For more information on Dr Spiezia and the alchemical processes behind his Inlight products, visit inlight.co.uk.