The Weleda Wellness Retreat
Wellness expert and author Emine Rushton reveals how to activate your wellbeing from within
Home » The Weleda Wellness Retreat
Published: 12 June 2022
This Article was Written by: Contributor
This article first appeared in our World Environment Day issue of My Green Pod Magazine, published on 02 June 2022. Click here to subscribe to our digital edition and get each issue delivered straight to your inbox
Natural wellness pioneer Weleda is hosting a long weekend of immersive, seasonal experiences at the beautiful Lapwing Barns in the Peak District.
With delicious organic food and blissful 90-minute treatments to rebalance body, mind and soul, this is an opportunity to completely reset, replenish and reconnect.
Lapwing Barns at Longnor, near Buxton in Derbyshire, is a beautiful farmhouse and barn conversion with generous bedrooms, wonderfully relaxed and comfortable communal spaces and picture-perfect views of the rolling countryside and sprawling national park.
‘If you’re looking for a weekend of pure bliss in the beautiful Peak District then this is the one for you’, enthused Women’s Health’s Jess Bantleman. ‘It’s a good balance of everything, with plenty of ‘me time’ peppered throughout to reflect and restore calm. So, if you’re looking to further understand your skin, your body, and nature cycles throughout the year at a slow pace, then you’ll love the Weleda retreat.’
Guests arrive 16.00-17.00 on Friday and depart relaxed and replenished after breakfast on Monday.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Learn to understand your skin’s language and how best to support it with an interactive Awakening Skin workshop with Weleda’s skincare expert Elizabeth King.
- Enjoy the new Weleda Signature Skin Treatment: 90 minutes of pure, transporting holistic bliss that will leave you feeling calm, balanced and rejuvenated.
- Learn more about your own unique body and personality type, and feel empowered to activate your own wellness from within with complementary health expert Evelyn Liddell.
- Get outside and deepen your connection to nature with immersive guided experiences to inspire and revitalise, led by Weleda’s biodynamic gardening expert Claire Hattersley.
- Wake up with a revitalising morning yoga session with experienced wellness practitioner Sharron Fitzpatrick.
- Enjoy delicious, seasonal meals – from hearty vegetarian suppers to vibrant salads and soups – with locally sourced ingredients brimming with goodness.
Meet the team
Your skincare expert: Elizabeth King
Elizabeth is an experienced facialist who has specialised in a holistic approach to beauty for 20 years. During her hands-on ‘Awakening Skin’ workshop, you will learn about the importance of mindful touch, and be shown many new skincare rituals, techniques and tips to support your body and soul holistically. There will also be plenty of time to consult Elizabeth about your individual skin needs.
Your complementary health expert: Evelyn Liddell
Evelyn has been a pharmacist for over 20 years, having trained at the Royal London Homeopathic Hospital and Glasgow Hospital of Integrated Medicine. Evelyn specialises in a holistic approach to healthcare that combines her background in conventional pharmacy and experience in complementary medicine. Her immersive wellness workshop will arm you with empowering practical knowledge for daily self-care.
Your nature expert: Claire Hattersley
Claire has worked in Weleda’s biodynamic gardens for over 20 years and is passionate about helping people to reconnect with nature. Claire will lead a fun and friendly Nature Connection session to show you how to tune into nature’s subtle shifts for optimal wellbeing.
Your yoga coach: Sharron Fitzpatrick
Sharron is a dual-registered Kundalini and Chopra Certified Yoga Instructor, certified Davidji Master of Meditation Teacher and Ayurvedic Therapist. Her uplifting morning yoga sessions incorporate movement, breathing techniques and meditation, and are suitable for all abilities.
The summer (08-11 July 2022), autumn (23-26 September 2022) and winter (06-09 January 2023) Wellness Retreats can be booked now here. The cost is £850 for a single occupancy room with en suite or £645pp twin occupancy.