Weleda wins Beauty Bible Award
Weleda has bagged a Beauty Bible Gold Award for the best anti-ageing body lotion
Home » Weleda wins Beauty Bible Award
Published: 30 November 2017
This Article was Written by: Katie Hill - My Green Pod
Weleda’s Almond Sensitive Skin Body Lotion has been given a prestigious Beauty Bible Gold Award, as well as a Best Natural Award, for being the best anti-ageing body lotion in trials by Beauty Bible testers.
Beauty Bible’s Jo Fairley and Sarah Stacey explained that 21 years of testing have always produced high scores for body lotions, which they put down to a reflection of ‘the pleasure factor’ are pure ‘me-time’ that body lotions deliver.
But Jo and Sarah say they ‘set the bar high’ for this category, asking questions about firming, tightening and general skin improvements that would categorise these as ‘anti-ageing body lotions’.
‘We know that many women are looking for more natural choices, and many of the top-scoring products overall are also Best Natural Award-winners – proving there are no compromises required when it comes to using greener, ‘cleaner’ products.’
JO FAIRLEY AND SARAH STACEY
Every product was trialled by real women, in real life. With anti-ageing products or bodycare products which set out to deliver real results, they asked testers to try them on one half of the body to observe improvements. Jo and Sarah said the results were ‘incredibly consistent, with some astonishingly high scores.’
‘This all-natural body lotion from Weleda, specifically designed to nourish sensitive types, came out tops. Certified natural by NATRUE, it’s a fast-absorbing lotion in an interesting pump which keeps air out of the product, thus eliminating the need for preservatives. Organic beeswax from Africa helps strengthen the skin’s natural barrier function, while the key ingredient is sourced from organic almond crops grown in Spain. Thanks to those almonds, this has a subtle almond-y scent.’
JO FAIRLEY AND SARAH STACEY
Weleda Almond Sensitive Skin Body Lotion costs £14.50. Click here to buy or find out more at Weleda’s online shop.
Here’s a selection of the comments made during Beauty Bible trials of Weleda’s Almond Sensitive Skin Body Lotion:
- ‘10/10. I would and will buy this smooth creamy product, which is terrific on my dry skin without being oily or shiny. My skin is thinning a bit with age (70) and asthma medication, and needs all the help it can get. I love the fact this has no harsh ingredients. It’s inoffensive and effective and will travel with me in my camper van without taking up too much space.’
- ‘Calms and soothes skin as well as moisturising. My daughter suffers from eczema and this helps to keep it at bay. Skin is gently and soothingly cared for; feels as cocooned as an almond in its kernel…’
- ‘The rich, creamy texture is very smooth to apply and absorbs within a couple of minutes. My skin felt calmed and comforted straight away, and after a few days the redness on my legs has decreased. The sensitivity patches look much better. It is effective.’
- ‘The lotion declares it is good for sensitive skin and I twice used it specifically to help calm skin and was impressed. I was in two minds about the marzipan-y smell but my husband commented that it was lovely.’
- ‘A lovely product that glided on very smoothly and was absorbed quickly with no sticky residue. My skin is very dry, so I normally go for quite rich body butters but I’m happy with this product as it is so easily absorbed and my skin feels constantly smooth and not dry, which it often is during the winter months. I can definitely see this becoming a firm favourite.’