No products in the basket.
- Meadow In My Garden seed mixes are low cost, low maintenance and easy to use.
- Select a sunny location with a clay or loam soil for best results.
- Prepare the soil by removing grass and weeds, and create a fine tilth before sowing.
- Scatter the seeds onto the surface, and roll or pat the seeds down before watering in.
- The meadow will provide a succession of flowers averaging 70cm in height.
The Act Against Aphids seed mixture from Meadow In My Garden contains annual, perennial and biennial species. It’s a professional application designed to restore ecological balance.
The mix attracts beneficial insects and draws pests away from the vegetable garden.
The seeds may be sown in the spring from March to June, but for best results Meadow in My Garden recommends preparing beds in August/September and sowing in late September or early October.
In the first year this mix is very diverse, with combinations of blue, yellow, red and white. The species attract hoverflies, lacewings, ladybirds and more. In the second year, the regrowth of flowers attracts aphid-eating hoverfly larvae in early spring.
At a price of £12.99 per pack (to cover up to 7 square metres), this is a really cost-effective way of controlling pests without the use of harmful chemicals.
For less than £2 per square metre, you can fill the garden with a succession of beautiful blooms for three to four months in the first year.
Act Against Aphids is part of Meadow In My Garden’s ‘Gardens Friends’ collection, which includes Bees, Butterflies, Birds and Ladybirds biodiversity seed mixes. Autumn sowing mixes are also available for use under trees and at woodland edges.
The packaging is made from FSC recycled cardboard and environmentally friendly inks. The seed bags are waxed paper to keep seeds in the best condition during storage.