Placeholder canvas
My Green Pod Logo

Nu-Eco Natural Bleach Powder

Nu-Eco Natural Bleach Powder is a safe, effective, water soluble whitener & colour brightener that can be added to your wash cycle

  • Colour- and fabric-safe natural bleach powder
  • Brightens whites and colours
  • Continued use will not turn fabrics yellow or grey
  • Ideal for removal of stains – effective stain removal in cold or hot water
  • This product will not weaken fabric strength

Nu-Eco Natural Bleach Powder is a safe, effective, water soluble whitener and colour brightener that can be added to your wash cycle with Nu-Eco Laundry Gel – particularly if the wash load is soiled.

Half a scoop added to the laundry gel works very well for soiled or slightly stained laundry; soaking badly stained clothes – including white shirts – overnight in warm water and bleach powder will remove the stains completely.

This natural powder keeps white sheets and other linen from yellowing. It’s also colour safe, so you can mix colours and whites in your wash.

You can even use this bleach to clean your loo – a scoop left overnight in the toilet bowl will remove stains.

What’s in it?

It’s completely watercourse and septic tank friendly and environmentally safe. The bleach powder has also been used as a safe disinfectant in care centres for the elderly.

Nu-Eco Bleach Powder is 100% biodegradable and consists of 98% natural ingredients. But what about the remaining 2%?

In the oxygen bleaching process, TAED (tetraacetylethylenediamine) reacts with hydrogen peroxide released from the sodium percarbonate. This produces a product called peracetic acid, which is a better bleaching agent than hydrogen peroxide.

TAED is consumed during this oxidation process. One molecule of TAED reacts with two molecules of hydrogen peroxide, which leads to two molecules of peracetic
acid and a molecule of DAED (diacetylethylenediamine) which is no longer reactive.

The active peracetic acid is used to attack organic stains and will be consumed in the oxidation reaction. The small amount of DAED released is not reactive and will exit with the rinse water.

Due to the small amount of TAED used in the formulation, the amount of DAED produced in the final rinse water will be minuscule.

Here's More Ethical Home & Garden Hero Products

  • All
  • Bee
  • Carbon Negative
  • Cleaning and Laundry
  • Decor
  • Energy efficient
  • Fragrance
  • Gift
  • Health & Beauty
  • Hero
  • Kitchen essential
  • Personal Care
  • Purified water
  • Reusable
  • Reusable cups & products
  • Sanitary
  • Solar Technology
  • Water filter
  • Wax Melts
  • beauty
  • biodegradable
  • business
  • cleaning
  • cleaning products
  • data
  • design
  • detergent
  • dog food
  • eco friendly
  • energy
  • energy bills
  • ethical gifts
  • furniture
  • garden
  • health
  • home
  • home & garden
  • kids
  • kitchen
  • laundry
  • mental health
  • natural
  • office
  • organic
  • pet food
  • pets
  • plastic-free
  • podcast
  • recycled
  • refill
  • renewables
  • reusable straws
  • soap
  • solar
  • sports
  • tech
  • toilet paper
  • toys
  • tree
  • tree planting
  • vegan
  • water
  • wellbeing
  • work
  • zero waste

Join The Conversation

Leave a Reply