TreedomEthical Home & Garden Hero Products
This social tree-planting business encourages sustainable agroforestry projects
- Plant a tree with just a click and follow its story online.
- Every tree is photographed and geolocated, with updates posted in a Diary.
- Choose from a variety of species, including coffee, avocado, cacao and baobab.
- Directly finance smallholder farmers, offering food security and income support.
- Absorb CO2, protect biodiversity, combat soil erosion and contribute to reforestation.
Treedom is a social business that plants trees in small, sustainable agroforestry systems around the world. It is the only website where you can plant a tree and follow its story online, directly supporting smallholder farmers.
This means that as well as offsetting carbon emissions and doing good things for the planet, each tree also offers a variety of social benefits, as the communities involved in the planting can sell or eat the fruits of the trees. This creates new revenue streams for themselves and their families.
For transparency, all Treedom trees are geolocated and photographed, and customers receive regular updates about their tree and the project where it is planted.
There are a range of trees to choose from, in various sustainable agroforestry projects around the world. Current available species include coffee, cacao, neem, avocado, mangrove and baobab, in Kenya, Cameroon and Tanzania.
Each species offers its own unique combination of benefits, spanning CO2 absorption, food security, economic development and environmental protection.