Cooper King Distillery Dry Gin
The independent distillery producing batch spirits sustainably
- A pioneering sustainable gin distilled using locally grown grain and 100% green energy.
- Botanicals include green cardamom, lemongrass and honey from the distillery’s on-site beehives.
- Serve with Indian tonic water and fresh rosemary for a delicious G&T.
- One square metre of native English woodland planted for every bottle sold.
- The first gin in Europe to achieve 1% for the Planet accreditation.
Cooper King Distillery is a self-built, crowd-funded distillery in York producing sustainable spirits underpinned by craftsmanship, honesty and adventure.
Producing flavour-driven sustainable spirits is at the core of what they do. Why? Because they believe drinking good spirits needn’t cost the Earth.
Cooper King Distillery plants one square metre of native English woodland for every bottle of Dry Gin sold, through a charity partnership with the Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust. 10,000 square metres of managed woodland have been planted so far, offsetting 166,000kg of CO2.
Distilling using efficient and innovative vacuum stills (aka rotary evaporators) means Cooper King Distillery uses a fraction of the energy required to run a traditional gin still. It saves water, too, thanks to an ingenious closed-loop cooling system that saves a whopping 26 tonnes of fresh water a year.
The Dry Gin is the first in Europe to achieve 1% for the Planet accreditation, and one of only a handful in the UK to run on 100% green energy.
Cooper King Distillery even developed a clever origami-style recycled cardboard box with a local box-maker – to ship bottles from the distillery – which has eliminated the need for plastic packaging.